AAOS 2017 National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference (NOLC)
April 26-29, 2017
- You must have a current disclosure (as of October 1, 2016) before you can register or attend the NOLC.
- The per diem for April 26-29, 2017 is $75 for those who will be reimbursed by the AAOS.
- Current disclosures are mandatory for NOLC participation, as well as for any type of expense reimbursement generated from the meeting.
- If your disclosure was updated on or after October 1, 2016, the system will take you directly to the NOLC registration page.
- If your disclosure is dated September 30, 2016 or earlier, you must update your disclosure before you are able to register. When clicking on the “Register Now” link below, you will be prompted to enter your user id and password. You will then be directed to update your disclosure. After updating your disclosure, the system will take you directly to the NOLC registration page.
There are two options when registering for the NOLC:
NOLC Full Meeting Registration:
Includes Hill Visit Training webinars (prior to NOLC), all Advocacy Track events, all meeting events, group meals, and educational sessions from 5:00 pm Wednesday, April 26 through 12:00 pm Saturday, April 29. See meeting agenda for full schedule. CME credit will be offered. BOC and BOS representatives are encouraged to select this registration category.
Advocacy Track Registration:
Includes participation in Hill Visit Training webinars (prior to NOLC); Wednesday, April 26 events: Hill Visit Training from 5:00-6:00 pm, Welcome Reception from 6:30-8:00 pm; Thursday, April 27 events: Breakfast from 6:30-8:30 am, Capitol Hill Visits, use of AAOS Shuttle between the hotel, Capitol Hill and the AAOS Office, and the Capitol Hill Debriefing session from 5:30-6:30 pm. This registration option does not include the Thursday, April 27 NOLC Banquet, group meal functions, or educational symposia on Friday and Saturday. No CME credit is offered.
Please select only one of the above two registration options.
NOLC Registration Deadline: February 23, 2017
It is recommended that you register for the NOLC by February 23, 2017. After February 23, you are not guaranteed attendance at the 2017 NOLC. After February 35, attendance at the NOLC will be offered to other AAOS members. Space is limited for this meeting, and it may sell-out.
You may also register for Media Training; From Insights to Sound Bites: Your Orthopaedic Expertise and the News Media
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the JW Marriott, Washington DC.
Feel more confident and learn to make the most of every media encounter. Participants will gain an understanding of how the news media works and how to develop and communicate your messages. In this fast-paced, interactive session, you’ll learn the keys to a successful interview and the ways to best present your most important information in any discussion, including how to:
- Create clear and unambiguous key messages and sound bites
- Take control of an interview
- Bridge from an irrelevant question to your message
- Speak clearly and use language that is friendly to your audience
- Use appropriate gestures and body language
This session will be limited to 12 attendees.
Please note: If you need to arrive early to attend this session, you are responsible for additional hotel nights and other costs.
NOLC Capitol Hill Visit Training Webinar registration information:
In preparation for the National Orthopaedic
Leadership Conference (NOLC), Dr. Wilford Gibson, Chairman of the AAOS Council on
Advocacy, will host a webinar series to help NOLC attendees learn more about
the ins and outs of lobbying members of Congress and advocating on Capitol
Hill. The webinars will cover topics such as logistics and expectations for
Hill meetings, best practices for physician advocates, and some of the “dos and
don’ts” on Capitol Hill. Most importantly, the webinars will also detail this
year’s advocacy issues: Dr. Gibson will explain in depth the issues as well as
the asks for Congress. Please click here to read more about the current issues.
The three webinars will take place on April
13, 17, and 24 at 8:15pm EST and will be specifically targeted for new
attendees, intermediate advocates, and seasoned veterans, respectively. We
encourage you to attend the webinar that best suits your position, but if you
are unable to make that date, please feel free to join us at your convenience. Click NOLC Hill Training Webinar - Intermediate or NOLC Hill Training Webinar - Rookies to view slides from the webinars.
4/13/17, New attendees: http://www.aaos.org/calendar/event/?productId=9908218
4/17/17, Intermediate advocates: http://www.aaos.org/calendar/event/?productId=9908239
4/24/17, Seasoned veteran advocates:
(Login Required: See Above)