The orthopaedic community works to raise awareness of the chronic, debilitating, and costly musculoskeletal diseases and disorders afflicting our nation and to request continued support for musculoskeletal research. It is imperative that the orthopaedic community educate members of Congress about the need for increased musculoskeletal research funding in order to improve the quality of life for patients with musculoskeletal diseases and disorders.
- Money Deals Affect Health Care and Providers, AAOS Now, 1/1/16
- Dollars and Sense of Federal Funding, AAOS Now, 9/1/15
- Congress Supports Peer-Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program, AAOS Now, 5/1/15
- The Specter of Sequester and Its Impact on Orthopaedic Care, AAOS Now, 11/12/15
- AAOS Treasurer Testifies on Behalf of Injury Research, AAOS Now, 8/1/12
- Measuring the Success of EWI in Dollars and Sense, AAOS Now, 3/1/12
- Orthopaedic Research Gets Boost in Defense Bill, AAOS Now, 2/1/12
- Getting Soldiers Back in Action, AAOS Now, 3/1/10
- AAOS Supports Research on Many Fronts, AAOS Now, 5/1/07
- Research Capitol Hill Days - the AAOS sponsors this annual event in which physicians, researchers, and patients travel to Washington, DC, to visit their representatives and discuss the need for increased federal funding of musculoskeletal research.
- Extremity War Injuries - the AAOS has partnered with the Society for Military Orthopaedic Surgeons (SOMOS), the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA), and the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) since 2006 in this annual symposium series, which serves to define current knowledge and identify future research directions regarding management of extremity trauma.
- Unified Research Agenda