Serving our profession to provide the highest quality musculoskeletal care.
Keeping the world in motion through the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
Core Values: The following values reflect our inviolable guiding principles:
- Excellence: Develop, encourage and reward the highest standards in all of our endeavors.
- Professionalism: Account for the highest professional, clinical and ethical standards to our peers, our patients and the public with integrity and transparency.
- Leadership: Champion the development and advancement of future leaders, through example, education and experience in our organization, our practices and the world.
- Collegiality: Embrace diversity and unity with our patients, our profession and our stakeholders.
- Lifelong Learning: Commit to professional education by advancing the science and art of orthopaedic medicine for the needs of our patients.
Strategic Domains: Each domain is equally critical to the successful achievement of the AAOS' mission and vision:
- Accountability: Maintain an efficient, nimble and fiscally accountable organization responsive to member needs.
- Advocacy: Champion the interests of the orthopaedic profession to provide access to care and be a resourceful ally for orthopaedic surgeons and musculoskeletal patients.
- Education: Promote AAOS as the premier resource for orthopaedic learning.
- Membership: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of our current and future members.
- Organizational Excellence: Maintain an efficient, nimble and lean governance and operational organization responsive to member needs.
- Quality and Patient Value: Empower orthopaedic surgeons to be leaders in quality musculoskeletal healthcare teams as a means to deliver value to our patients through evidence-based cost efficient practices.
Essential Components: Each component is critical to the successful achievement of the AAOS mission and vision. The components resonate through some or all of the strategic domains:
- International Initiatives
Approved - AAOS Board of Directors - December 4, 2015.