Course Directors: Henry D. Clarke, MD and James A. Browne, MD
AVAILABLE FOR WAITLIST! Please call the AAOS Customer Service Department at 1 (800) 626-6726 (US and Canada) Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM CST or email email@example.com. to be added to the course waitlist. Or please participate in the live webcast Saturday, February 19, 2017; 8:00AM to 11:30 PM.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the spectrum of options for managing arthritis of the knee, from patients with early disease to more advanced disease. The unique cadaver lab experience gives you an unbiased look at multiple implant systems so you can compare and contrast the features of each. Learn the benefits and limitations of new and controversial technology including computer-navigation and robotics. Small-group learning and personal interaction with faculty and colleagues make this one course you won’t want to miss!
Course highlights include:
• Experience new robotic technology and patient-specific instrumentation
• An unbiased perspective on state-of-the-art equipment
• Alternative methods of joint arthroplasty in 2017
• Informal, one-on-one interactions with faculty
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Understand how to select patients with knee arthritis that are likely to benefit from unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.
• Institute a rapid recovery protocol for joint arthroplasty in their own practice using contemporary strategies for patient section, peri-operative optimization and pain management.
• Utilize appropriate surgical approaches for performing unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and primary and revision total knee arthroplasty.
• Diagnose and treat acute and chronic periprosthetic knee infections.
• Interpret the latest data and recommendations regarding evolving concepts in knee arthroplasty including outpatient surgery, robotic-assisted surgery, cementless TKA, and bi-cruciate retaining TKA.
Who should take this course?
Established practitioners with an interest in knee arthroplasty as well as young practitioners who need to strengthen their knee arthroplasty skills.