Directors: Vineeta T. Swaroop, MD, and Anish R. Kadakia, MD
This course is held twice: on Friday, May 19 and on Saturday, May 20.
Gain confidence for the Part II Certification this year!
If you are in your final steps of preparing for the 2017 oral examination, the Academy can help. From already selected and submitted cases to case defense, there are multiple steps that you must successfully navigate to attain ABOS certification. Focus your preparation with a special one-day AAOS course, as Board certified Academy Fellows explain the keys to a successful examination outcome, reveal common mistakes, and help you build plans to avoid trouble.
Gain first-hand experience through mock oral examination sessions that test your case presentation and defense skills. Time is scheduled with faculty to discuss TWO of your patient cases*, so bring your most challenging cases to ask the experts who focus in many of the specialties! You will also have the opportunity to learn from watching others present their cases and observe different examination styles.
View excerpt clip below:
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Obtain a clear understanding of the Part II Board Examination setting
• Feel confident in the case collection process
• Strategize to defend cases at the time of the oral examination
• Gain familiarity with common mistakes and develop plans to avoid trouble
* Case presentations are limited to 8 minutes each. If time permits, attendees may have the opportunity to present more than two cases. Attendees should bring three copies of the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR AT LEAST TWO CASES and be prepared to navigate through the ABOS website to present all digital X-ray, MRI, CT and arthroscopic images. We recommend that attendees bring digital images on a USB drive as a backup.