Outcomes Instruments and Information
Lower Extremity Instruments
Reviewing and Using the Lower Extremities Outcomes Instruments
- Instruments will open in a new screen for review or download in Adobe PDF format when selected from the options on the left below.
- A scoring worksheet has been created (MS Excel 2003) to assist you in scoring the instruments. General instructions can be found on the Instructions tab.
You may wish to save the large scoring worksheet file rather than opening as a web screen as the size (>4MB) may make your browser respond slowly.
- After administering the questionnaire, response date can be directly entered into the worksheet (DataEntry tab), which will automatically compute the Standardized and Normative scores (Standardized & Normative Scores tab) for each record.
Please review the release notes at the bottom of this screen for a discussion of previously published Normative scores.
|Lower Extremity Data Collection Instruments|
|Foot and Ankle Form||Foot and Ankle Worksheet|
|Hip and Knee Form||Hip and Knee Worksheet|
|Lower Limb Form||Lower Limb Worksheet|
Additional information on the reliability and validity of these instruments, help in understanding the outcomes scoring and comparative Normative scores from a general population may be found in the Understanding Outcomes Scoring, Nomative Study, and Reliability/Validity document.
Foot and Ankle Questionnaire
The Foot and Ankle Questionnaire is designed to be administered to patients 18 years of age or older, and can be used to assess foot and ankle conditions and treatment improvements. Disability indices for lower limb core, global foot and ankle functionality, and shoe comfort are included.
Hip and Knee Questionnaire
The Hip and Knee Questionnaire is designed to be administered to patients 18 years of age or older, and can be used to assess hip and knee conditions and treatment improvements. Indices for measuring a general hip and knee core functionality, right hip pain, left hip pain, right knee pain, and left knee pain are included.
Lower Limb Questionnaire
The Lower Limb Questionnaire is designed to be administered to patients 18 years of age or older. It can be used to assess non-specific general lower limb problems or as a general instrument for all patients in a practice that sees a large number and wide variety of lower limb complaints, or where there is insufficient office staff to keep track of several different lower limb questionnaires. The lower limb questionnaire measures a core disability index.
- Normative values calculated in the scoring worksheets may differ from previously published data as a result of corrections to rounding procedures for the Standardized means prior to calculating Normative values. Current calculations were not rounded, but show in their respective tables as whole numbers for presentation purposes.
- Normative values for the Core Scale and Right/Left Hip/Knee scales from the Hip and Knee instrument may differ from previously published data as a result of corrections that recode the response "Could not do for other reasons" as missing on items where that option is a possible response.
- If you notice any miscalculations or technical issues regarding the Scoring Worksheet(s), please Email the AAOS with as much detail as possible so we may investigate and update the worksheet(s) as soon as possible.
Evidence Based Medicine
- Evidence Based Medicine Information
- Appropriate Use Criteria
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Outcomes Instruments and Information
- Technology Overviews
Awards & Opportunities
Research Council & Committees
- Council on Research and Quality
- Biological Implants
- Biomedical Engineering
- Evidence-Based Quality and Value
- Patient Safety
- Research Development
Visit www.oref.org to learn how OREF has improved the way you practice.