Innovative Surgical Techniques in Knee Arthroplasty: Early Intervention to Revision
OLC Education and Conference Center
9400 W Higgins Rd Ste 100
Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
September 26, 2019
Last Refund Date:
September 12, 2019
Directors: James A. Browne, MD and Mark J. Spangehl, MD
Enhance your surgical skills and stay on top of your game!
This exciting, surgical skills course led by the top surgeons in the field will bring you up to speed on current best practices, as well as emerging technologies designed to enhance patient outcomes after total knee arthroplasty. Learn how treatment methods have evolved, and familiarize yourself with new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques during hands-on breakout sessions. In addition to lectures, surgical demonstrations and cadaver labs, the course will include several small group sessions to discuss interesting cases, including your own challenges, with peers and faculty.
Bring your PA for a unique opportunity to work together and strengthen your performance as a team!
PAs can attend lectures, view surgical demonstrations, and observe in the lab. Please note: PAs must register with an orthopaedic surgeon by calling AAOS Customer Service at 1-800-626-6726 and providing the name of the surgeon that is registered for the course.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand how to select patient with knee arthritis that are likely to benefit from unicompartmental knee arthroplasty
- Institute a rapid recovery protocol for joint arthroplasty in their own practice using contemporary strategies for patient selection, peri-operative optimization and pain management
- Utilize appropriate surgical approaches for performing unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and primary and revision total knee arthroplasty
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic periprosthetic knee infections
- Interpret the latest data and recommendations regarding evolving concepts in knee arthroplasty including outpatient surgery, robotic-assisted surgery, and cementless TKA
Look forward to:
- Hands-on experience with new robotic technology and patient specific instrumentation
- Current concepts in TKA
- New section on practice management, including key elements for outpatient knee arthroplasty
- Small group breakout sessions and case-based panel discussions. Bring your own cases for review!