- Mary I. O’Connor, MD, the first orthopaedic surgeon named to the Advisory Committee on Research on Women’s Health at the National Institutes of Health
- Gregg Wolff, MD, named Physician of the Year at the Western Maryland Health System’s Physician Recognition Gala
- Douglas G. Wright, MD, appointed to the Maryland Board of Physicians.
- New board members of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons: Daniel J. Berry, MD, president; David G. Lewallen, MD, first vice-president; William J. Robb III, MD, second vice-president; Mary I. O’Connor, MD, third vice-president; James B. Stiehl, MD, secretary; Carlos J. Lavernia, MD, treasurer; William J. Hozack, MD, and Joseph C. McCarthy, MD, past presidents, Michael H. Huo, MD, Audley M. Mackel, III, MD, Arlen D. Hanssen, MD, and Steven M. Teeny, MD, members at large.
- New board members of The Knee Society: Michael A. Kelly, MD, president; Douglas A. Dennis, MD, first vice-president; William L. Healy, MD, second vice-president; Arlen D. Hanssen, MD, third vice-president; Thomas P. Sculco, MD, treasurer; Giles R. Scuderi, MD, secretary; Gerard A. Engh, MD, and Russell E. Windsor, MD, past presidents; Aaron A Hofmann, MD, and Ray C. Wasielewski, MD, members at large.
- Winners of the Health Volunteers Overseas 2007 Golden Apple Award, recognizing extraordinary educational contributions of volunteers to sites abroad: Glen Crawford, MD; Christopher D. Johnson, MD; and William H. Laney, MD.
William H. Laney, MD, (right) is pictured during surgery in South Africa.