- Alvin Crawford, MD, who was recently inducted into the National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame for his exceptional accomplishments in the field of medicine.
- Frederick G. Dalzell, MD; William G. DeLong Jr., MD; Eric L. Hume, MD; Lawrence S. Miller, MD; Robert F. Ostrum, MD; Alexander A. Sapega, MD, and Michael L. Sidor, MD, named “Top Physicians in Orthopaedic Surgery 2007” according to South Jersey Magazine.
- Charles B. Gillespie, MD, initiator of the Georgia state emergency services program and author of the “official” emergency medical technicians’ oath; the new emergency responders training center at the Albany (Georgia) Technical College will be named in his honor.
- William H. Harris, MD, and his wife Nan, who are being recognized for their deep appreciation of and commitment to objective, unbiased reporting on national and international issues; the production studios of “The World,” a National Public Radio (WGBH-Boston) program, are being named in their honor.
- William L. Healy, MD, honored with the Arthritis Foundation (Massachusetts Chapter) Physician Achievement Award.
- James D. Michelson, MD, who—along with co-authors Yatin M. Kirane, MBBS, MS, and Neil A. Sharkey, PhD—received the J. Leonard Goldner Award for Outstanding Basic Science Paper from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
- William M. Strassberg, MD, new president of the Maine Medical Association.
- David B. Thordarson, MD, named new editor-in-chief of Foot & Ankle International.
- The 2007-2008 members of the governing council for the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), inducted at the recent ASSH annual meeting: Steven Z. Glickel, MD, president; L. Andrew Koman, MD, president-elect; Robert M. Szabo, MD, MPH, vice-president; Richard H. Gelberman, MD, past president; David M. Lichtman, MD, penultimate past president; Thomas Trumble, MD, treasurer; Arnold-Peter Weiss, MD, treasurer-elect; W.P. Andrew Lee, MD, secretary; James Chang, MD, research director; Edward Akelman, MD, education director; Daniel J. Nagle, MD, practice management director; Ghazi M. Rayan, MD, Michael R. Hausman, MD, Kevin C. Chung, MD, Alexander Y. Shin, MD, and William H. Seitz Jr., MD, members at large.
David B. Thordarson, MD