On March 4, 2008, the Academy will host its 9th safe, accessible playground build at Balboa Park in San Francisco. At the Nov. 10, 2007, Design Day, children and their parents will help design a dream playground. Using crayons and markers, children will draw the equipment they hope to see—from slides and swings to teeter-totters and even chocolate swimming pools.
At Design Day, community members can see and choose the actual playground equipment as well as its colors. But it takes a core of volunteers—orthopaedic surgeons, their families, industry representatives, allied health professionals, and community representatives— to make the playground real.
To sign up, contact Pat Julitz, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 384-4036.
Thanks to our sponsors!
The Academy appreciates the generosity of the following 2008 playground sponsors:
- Diamond Sponsor—Sanofi-Aventis
- Platinum Sponsors—Kyphon, Inc.; Stryker; and DePuy, a Johnson & Johnson Co./DePuy Mitek
- Gold Sponsor—Smith & Nephew Inc.
- Silver Sponsors—ArthroCare Sports Medicine; Synvasive Technology, Inc.; Canon Medical Systems; Foundation for Orthopedic Trauma; Medtronic’s Spinal and Biologics Business; Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation; Otto Bock Healthcare
- Bronze Sponsors—Mobile Workforce, Inc.; TRAIBER, S. L.; Aesculap, Inc.; American Society of Orthopaedic Physician’s Assistants; Dr. Stephen & Sonny Hurst; Dr. Stuart & Lisa Hirsch; Encore Medical; Medfix Solutions, Inc.; Medical Protective Company; National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses; NovaCare Rehabilitation; Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board; Osteotech, Inc.; Paragon Medical, Inc.; Pegasus Biologics; Precimed, Inc.; Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Corp.; Sanuwave; Symmetry Medical, Inc.; Synthes USA; Tecres Spa; Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery; Tornier, Inc.; Ancillary Care Solutions