- New officers and board members of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS): Steven D.K. Ross, MD, president; Robert B. Anderson, MD, president-elect; Charles L. Saltzman, MD, vice-president; Judith F. Baumhauer, MD, secretary; Brian G. Donley, MD, and Terrence M. Philbin, DO, members-at-large.
- The winners of the J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society DePuy Educational Assistance Awards: Ethan Kellum, MD; Brent Stephens; Wilsa Charles; Comrie Frederick Kyle; Addisu Mesfin, MD; Harish Hosalkar, MD; Randolph Sealey, MD; Erica Taylor, MD; MaCalus V. Hogan, MD; and Saadiq El-Amin, MD, PhD.
- Joseph D. Zuckerman, MD, editor of Advanced Reconstruction: Shoulder, on earning a four-star Doody’s Rating for “the best surgical text for shoulder reconstruction in terms of comprehensiveness (topics covered) and consistency of chapters…the authors and editors are to be commended.”
- Justus C. Pickett, MD, inducted into the Napa High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Bassam A. Masri, MD, appointed department head of orthopaedics at the University of British Columbia.
- Frank P. Cammisa Jr., MD, appointed to the scientific advisory board of Alphatec Holdings, Inc.
AAOS Now wishes to thank the Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City for use of the photographs that appeared on page 17 of the July issue.