- Bernard R. Bach Jr., MD, named one of “America’s Top Doctors for Women” by Women’s Health magazine.
- John J. Callaghan, MD, AAOS second-vice president, named the 2008 Alumnus of the Year by Loyola University, Chicago Stritch School of Medicine; this is the first time the award has been presented to an orthopaedic surgeon.
- R. Jay Cummings Jr., MD, and Michael S. Scharf, MD, named “Health Care Heroes” by the Jacksonville (Florida) Business Journal.
- R. Blake Curd, MD, who won his first-time bid for the South Dakota state legislature, as state representative for District 12.
- Michael L. Schmitz, MD, named chief of orthopaedics at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.