- Ignacio V. Ponseti, MD, presented with an honorary doctor of humane letters degree by the University of Iowa in recognition of his efforts in developing a technique to cure club foot.
- Michael W. Keith, MD, the new chair of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) Evidence-Based Practice Committee. Dr. Keith also serves as a member of the AAOS Guidelines and Technology Assessment Oversight Committee.
- John R. Fisk, MD, new member of the board of directors of Health Volunteers Overseas.
- Frank R. Noyes, MD, awarded the Deaconess Hospital Healthcare Leadership Award from the Deaconess Hospital Foundation.
- Kaye Wilkins, MD, winner of the “American Way Road Warrior” contest. Dr. Wilkins will use his one million miles in the American Advantage program to bring pediatric orthopaedic surgeons from countries with limited resources to the annual meeting of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America.