- AAOS President Tony Rankin, MD, who received the Axel C. Hansen, MD ’44 Distinguished Physician Award for his continuous leadership and personal commitment to the mission of Meharry Medical College through his exemplary service in the practice of medicine.
- Constance R. Chu, MD, recently installed as the Albert B. Ferguson Jr., MD, Endowed Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Frederick G. Dalzell, MD; Alan S. Hilibrand, MD; Eric L. Hume, MD; Lawrence S. Miller, MD; Robert F. Ostrum, MD; Alexander Sapega, MD; and Michael L. Sidor, MD, who were selected by their peers as Top Physicians 2008 and honored in South Jersey Magazine.
- James W. Brodsky, MD, who was awarded the President’s Award—The Giannini Prize—for his paper “A Prospective Gait Analysis of Patients Before and After Ankle Replacement” at the 3rd Triennial Meeting of the International Federation of Foot & Ankle Societies.
- 2008 AOFAS Traveling Fellows, including Ian Le, MD, FRCS (Canada); José Elías Vergara, MD (Panama); Markus Knupp, MD (Switzerland); Patricia Parra Tellez, MD (Mexico), and Nicholas Savva, FRCS (United Kingdom); and their hosts—James W. Brodsky, MD; Thomas O. Clanton, MD; John S. Early, MD; Steven L. Haddad, MD; Paul J. Hecht, MD; Armen S. Kelikian, MD; Johnny T. Lau, MD; William C. McGarvey, MD; Michael S. Pinzur, MD; and Brian C. Toolan, MD.
- Cato T. Laurencin, MD, recognized by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers as one of the top 100 chemical engineers of the modern era for his work on a novel polymer-synthesized ceramic-composite-based system for bone repair and in vitro evaluation.
Meharry Medical College President Wayne J. Riley, MD, (right) presented the Axel C. Hanson, M.D., ’44 Distinguished Physician Award to Meharry Alumnus, Class of 1965, E. Anthony Rankin, MD, AAOS president. The award is given to an alumnus who has demonstrated leadership and personal commitment to the college’s mission of service through the exemplary practice of medicine. Courtesy of Meharry Medical College