- Kevin J. Bozic, MD, MBA; Leesa M. Galatz, MD; Rex C. Haydon, MD, PhD; Robert L. Satcher Jr., MD, PhD; and John W. Sperling, MD, recipients of the American Orthopaedic Association’s American-British-Canadian Traveling Fellowships for 2009.
- William G. Clancy Jr., MD, who received the 2008 Robert E. Leach Mr. Sports Medicine Award presented by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine(AOSSM).
- Frank R. Noyes, MD; Russell Warren, MD; and John Albright, MD, new inductees to the Sports Medicine Hall of Fame.
- John S. Kirkpatrick, MD, former chair of the AAOS Biomedical Engineering Committee, and recipient of an Award of Merit presented by the American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Stuart A. Green, MD, a past president of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons and the Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society, and author of a new book about Benjamin Franklin, Dear Doctor Franklin: Emails to a Founding Father about Science, Medicine and Technology.
- New members of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons’ executive committee and board of trustees for Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR): Bert J. Thomas, MD, president; Christopher P. Beauchamp, MD, first vice-president; John H. Healey, MD, second vice-president; Mary I. O’Connor, MD, secretary; Marlene DeMaio, MD, secretary-elect; Charles L. Saltzman, MD, treasurer; Randall E. Marcus, MD, immediate past president; Scott F. Dye, MD, past president; Robert S. Derkash, MD, historian; Guy T. Vise Jr., MD, senior member-at-large and chair, CORR board of trustees; Michael J. Grecula, MD, active member-at-large, CORR board of trustees; and David G. Lewallen, MD, editor’s representative. Richard A. Brand, MD, is CORR’s editor-in-chief.
- New officers and members of the board of directors for the AOSSM: Freddie H. Fu, MD, president; James R. Andrews, MD, president-elect; Robert A. Stanton, MD, vice-president; Jo A. Hannafin, MD, PhD, secretary; Robert A. Arciero, MD, treasurer; Allen F. Anderson, MD, Thomas M. DeBerardino, MD, and William N. Levine, MD, members at large; Bernard R. Bach Jr., MD, and Champ L. Baker Jr., MD, past-presidents; Barry P. Boden, MD, Michael G. Ciccotti, MD, Patricia A. Kolowich, MD, and Scott A. Rodeo, MD, ex-officio members; Bruce Reider, MD, Journal editor.