- New board members of the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association: John S. Toohey, MD, president; David G. Lewallen, MD, first vice-president; Gordon R. Bell, MD, second vice-president; Thomas L. Schmidt, MD, historian; and Matthew A. Mormino, MD, member at-large.
- New officers for the 25th Anniversary year of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA): David C. Templeman, MD, president; Timothy J. Bray, MD, president-elect; Andrew N. Pollak, MD, second-president-elect; James P. Stannard, MD, secretary; Christopher T. Born, MD, member-at-large; William Ricci, MD, annual meeting program chair; Henry Claude Sagi, MD, membership chair; Susan A. Scherl, MD, and Michael S. Sirkin, MD, membership committee. Continuing members of the OTA Board of Directors include Alan Jones, MD, chief financial officer; J. Tracy Watson, MD, immediate past president; Jeffrey O. Anglen, MD, second past president; and David J. Stephen, MD, and Brendan M. Patterson, MD, members-at-large.
- Scott D. Boden, MD, who recently completed his term as chair of the Annual Meeting Program Committee, supervising the scientific portion of the 2009 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. He instituted several changes for the meeting, including the addition of ePosters.
- Constance R. Chu, MD, recently accepted as an active member of the Herodicus Society.
- Alvin Crawford, MD, director of the Spine Center at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, was recently honored with The Trumpet Award, given by The Trumpet Awards Foundation to herald the accomplishments of black Americans who have succeeded against all odds.
- Rick B. Delamarter, MD, recently named co-director of the Cedars-Sinai Spine Center.
- L. Scott Levin, MD, FACS, appointed the new chair of the department of orthopaedic surgery of Penn Medicine.
- C. Benjamin Ma, MD, recipient of the 2009 Golden Apple Award from the University of California San Francisco.
- Mary I. O’Connor, MD, who was the first female chair of the Instructional Course Committee, and who recently completed her term.