- Andrew W. Gurman, MD, re-elected as vice speaker to the American Medical Association (AMA) Board of Trustees for 2010–2011.
- Stuart L. Weinstein, MD, elected to serve on the International Coordinating Committee of the Bone and Joint Decade.
- Kimberly J. Templeton, MD, chosen president-elect of U.S. Bone and Joint Decade; she will succeed Joshua J. Jacobs, MD, current president.
- Keith L. Wapner, MD, new president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS) and member of the Board of Directors of the Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Outreach & Education Fund.
- David A. Spiegel, MD, panelist and member of the World Health Organization Global Initiative Emergency and Essential Surgical Care.
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society award-winning paper authors: James A. Nunley, MD; Annunziato “Ned” Amendola, MD; and Charles L. Saltzman, MD
- Award winners recognized by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM): Demetrios Delos, MD, AOSSM 2010 Young Investigator Grant; Frank A. Petrigliano, MD; Volker Musahl, MD; Musa Citak, MD; Eduardo Suero, MD; and Andrew Pearle, MD, AOSSM Aircast Award for Basic Science; Jocelyn R. Wittstein, MD; Robin M. Queen, PhD; Alicia Abbey, BS, ATC; Alison P. Toth, MD; and Claude T. Moorman III, MD, AOSSM Aircast Award for Clinical Science; Volker Musahl, MD, AOSSM Cabaud Memorial Award; Bruce S. Miller, MD, AOSSM O’Donoghue Award; K. Donald Shelbourne, MD, and Tinker Gray, MA, American Journal of Sports Medicine Hughston Award.