On Oct. 20, 2010, the AAOS Nominating Committee released its recommended slate of nominees. The release was timed to correspond to bylaw amendments adopted by the Fellowship after the 2010 Annual Meeting.
Chaired by James H. Beaty, MD, the Nominating Committee also included Louis U. Bigliani, MD; Freddie H. Fu, MD; Joseph P. Iannotti, MD, PhD; Frank B. Kelly, MD; Felix (Buddy) H. Savoie III, MD; and Laura L. Tosi, MD. The committee was charged with identifying, interviewing, and recommending candidates for the following offices: Second Vice-President, Treasurer-Elect, Member-at-Large (no age designation), Member-at-Large (younger than age 45), and AAOS National Membership Committee.
After extensive discussion, the 2011 Nominating Committee recommended the following individuals to serve in the specified AAOS leadership positions:
- Second Vice President: Joshua J. Jacobs, MD
- Treasurer-Elect: Andrew N. Pollak, MD
- Member-at-Large (no age designation): Naomi N. Shields, MD
- Member-at-Large (younger than age 45): Mininder S. Kocher, MD, MPH
- National Membership Committee representative: Donn A. Fassero, MD
The AAOS Fellowship will have the opportunity to vote on these recommendations of the 2011 Nominating Committee at the business meeting on Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011, at 9:20 a.m. during the 2011 Annual Meeting in San Diego.