- 2011–2012 North American Spine Society (NASS) officers: Michael H. Heggeness, MD, president; Charles A. Mick, MD, first vice president; William C. Watters III, MD, second vice president; Heidi Prather, DO, secretary; Christopher M. Bono, MD, treasurer; and Greg Przybylski, MD, immediate past president.
- 2011–2012 NASS board members: Charles A. Reitman, MD, research compilation and analysis; Chris Standaert, MD, health policy council co-chair; Christopher P. Kauffman, MD, professional economic and regulatory committee chair; Dan Resnick, MD, MS, research council chair; David O’Brien, MD, education publishing chair; Raj D. Rao, MD, CME committee chair; Jerome Schofferman, MD, ethics chair; F. Todd Wetzel, MD, administration council director; Jeffrey C. Wang, MD, education council director; William Mitchell, MD, health policy council co-chair; Zoher Ghogawala, MD, research project chair; Mitchel B. Harris, MD, governance committee chair; John G. Finkenberg, MD, advocacy chair; and David Rothman, PhD, ethicist.
- Thomas G. Sampson, MD, elected president of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy.
- John P. Meehan, MD, recipient of the Winter 2011 Orthopaedic Research Education Foundation/Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (OREF/CCJR) Clinical Practice Award.
- Rick W. Wright, MD, recipient of a grant from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases of the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Wright heads up the Multicenter ACL Revision Study (MARS).