The AAOS Wounded in Action: An Art Exhibition of Orthopaedic Advancements—2010 has been recognized with seven national and international awards of excellence. Most recently, the Academy’s effort to pay tribute to injured troops and their families, injured civilians, and the orthopaedic surgeons who care for them was honored with a coveted Global Award, which honors the best in international healthcare advertising.
The Global Award presented to Wounded in Action was one of 10 awarded to organizations in the United States. Now in its 16th year, The Global Awards receives entries from healthcare corporations, hospitals, advertising agencies, production companies, and design studios that produce communications for medical, pharmaceutical, and healthcare-related products. The Global Awards Advisory Board and Grand Jury comprises a panel of prominent international industry experts, representing the top creative minds in the field of healthcare advertising.
Since it was first displayed at the Academy’s 2010 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Wounded in Action has been recognized with the following awards:
- The New York Festivals Global Awards—The Best in Healthcare Communications Worldwide: Global Award, Communication to the Healthcare Professional: Social Commitment/Integrated Campaign
- Hermes Creative Award—Platinum Award, Special Events
- MarCom Awards—Platinum Award, Media Kit/Special Event Plan
- National Health Information Awards 2010—Gold Award, Total Special Health Event Program
- CLIO Healthcare Awards—Bronze CLIO Award, Strategic Communications/Public Relations
- Spotlight Awards—Bronze Award, Overall
- Associations Advance America Awards—Honor Roll, Association: Public Education
Wounded in Action includes artwork created by orthopaedic surgeons and other artists. The moving exhibit will travel around the country over the next several years. All artwork is also on display at www.woundedinactionart.org