- Members of the 2011-2012 Executive Committee of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society: Frances Cuomo, MD, president; Jon J.P. Warner, MD, president-elect; Jeffrey S. Abrams, MD, vice president; Gerald R. Williams, Jr, MD, immediate past-president; Evan L. Flatow, MD, past-president; Michael L. Pearl, MD, secretary/treasurer; George M. McCluskey, III, MD, secretary/treasurer-elect; and Matthew L. Ramsey, MD, and Marc R. Safran, MD, members-at-large.
- New officers of the New England Orthopaedic Society: Richard Iorio, MD, president; Kelton Burbank, MD, vice president; Gregory C. Pomeroy, MD, past president; Geoffrey J. Van Flandern, MD, treasurer; Joshua A. Baumfeld, MD, secretary and program chairman; Mark C. Gebhardt, MD, member-at-large; Eric T. Tolo, MD, medical education chairman; Andrew J. Marcantonio, DO, membership chairman; Gilbert L. Shapiro, MD, nominating committee chairman; John F. Raycroft Jr, MD, industry/exhibitor relations committee chairman; and David C. Ring, MD, Kilfoyle Award chairman.
- New state representatives of the New England Orthopaedic Society: Alfredo L. Axtmayer, MD, Connecticut; James M. Greene, MD, Maine; James Nairus, MD, PhD, Massachusetts; Marc J. Michaud, MD, New Hampshire; Richard M. Terek, MD, Rhode Island; and James Whittum, MD, Vermont.
- Harry Schmaltz, MD, elected 55th president of the Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society.
- Chitranjan S. Ranawat, MD, recipient of the Knee Society’s 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- C.O. Onyebuchi Chukwu, MD, 2002 AAOS international scholarship recipient, named Minister of Health (MOH) of Nigeria. Dr. Chukwu is the first orthopaedic surgeon to serve as Nigeria’s MOH.
- Julie A. Dodds, MD, recipient of the Arthroscopy Association of North America’s inaugural Stephen J. Snyder Excellence in Teaching Award.
- AAOS received accreditation with commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.