- New members of the J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society board of directors: Alvin H. Crawford, MD, president; Charles L. Nelson, MD, past president; Eleby R. Washington III, MD, vice president; Claudia L. Thomas, MD, secretary; Melvyn A. Harrington Jr, MD, treasurer; and directors-at-large Daryll C. Dykes, MD; Steven L. Frick, MD; Damayea I. Hargett, MD; Richard J. Haynes, MD; MaCalus V. Hogan, MD; Douglas W. Jackson, MD; K. Daniel Riew, MD; Coleen S. Sabatini, MD; Susan E. Stephens, MD; Terry L. Thompson, MD; and Riley J. Williams, MD.
- New members of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America board of directors: Peter M. Waters, MD, president; Peter O. Newton, MD, president-elect; Jack M. Flynn, MD, vice president; and Laurel C. Blakemore, MD; William G. Mackenzie, MD; and Donald S. Bae, MD, members-at-large.
- David R. Schmidt, MD, named chairman of the Valero Alamo Bowl’s Board of Directors.
- Randall Peyton, MD, honorary medical chair for the 2011 Arthritis Walk on the Mall.
- Ryan M. Nunley, MD, recipient of the Spring 2011 Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation/Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Clinical Practice Award for his retrospective study on the return to sexual activity following total hip arthroplasty.