- Cervical Spine Research Society 2010–2011 officers: Sanford E. Emery, MD, MBA, president; John G. Heller, MD, past-president; Michael G. Fehlings, MD, PhD, president-elect; K. Daniel Riew, MD, vice president; Alan S. Hilibrand, MD, treasurer; Edward C. Benzel, MD, secretary.
- New members of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) Board of Directors: Brian S. Parsley, MD, third vice president; Robert T. Trousdale, MD, treasurer, William A. Jiranek, MD, secretary; Michael L. Parks, MD, and William B. Macaulay, MD, members-at-large.
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF) officers for 2011–2012: S. Terry Canale, MD, president; Ramon L. Jimenez, MD, president-elect and vice chair, development; William P. Cooney III, MD, past board chair, H. Michael Immel, FACMPE, treasurer; Richard J. Haynes, MD, secretary; James D. Heckman, MD, vice chair, research grants; Frank B. Kelly Jr, MD, vice chair, educational grants; and Thomas P. Schmalzried, MD, vice chair, corporate relations.
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) 2011 board of directors: Brian Johnstone, PhD, president; Theodore Miclau, MD, first vice president; Joan E. Bechtold, PhD, second vice president; Mary B. Goldring, PhD, third vice president; Mathias P.G. Bostrom, MD, fourth vice president; Martha L. Gray, PhD, secretary; Jennifer S. Wayne, PhD, treasurer; Clare M. Rimnac, PhD, past president; Edward M. Schwarz, PhD, Niamh Nowlan, PhD, and Michael J. Yaszemski, MD, PhD, members-at-large; John Antoniou, MD, membership chair; Joseph M. Lane, MD, society liaison committee chair.
- AAOS Past President Robert N. Hensinger, MD, who received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Michigan Orthopaedic Society in 2010.