- New members of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society board of directors: Judith F. Baumhauer, MD, president; Lew C. Schon, MD, president-elect; Steven L. Haddad, MD, vice-president; Mark E. Easley, MD, secretary; Bruce J. Sangeorzan, MD, treasurer; Keith L. Wapner, MD, immediate past president; Charles L. Saltzman, MD, past president; and Ian J. Alexander, MD; Michael S. Aronow, MD; Eric M. Bluman, MD; and Jonathan T. Deland, MD, members-at-large.
- New members of the Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Outreach and Education Fund board of directors: W. Hodges Davis, MD, president; Mark E. Easley, MD, secretary; Bruce J. Sangeorzan, MD, treasurer; Sheldon S. Lin, MD, immediate past president; Judith F. Baumhauer, MD; Bryan D. Den Hartog, MD; Steven L. Haddad, MD; Lew S. Schon, MD; and Judith W. Smith, MD; members-at-large; and Saul G. Trevino, MD, industry relations committee chair (ex-officio).
- Alvin H. Crawford, MD, recipient of the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity’s Laurel Wreath award.
- Claude T. Moorman III, MD, appointed president of the Southern Orthopaedic Association.
- Peter J. Mandell, MD, appointed president of the Western Orthopaedic Association.
- Inductees into the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Hall of Fame: Alexandra (Sandy) Kirkley, MD, (posthumously); Clarence L. Shields, MD; and Rene Verdonk, MD, PhD.