Every other year, the AAOS conducts a census of fellows and emeritus members—and time is running out for you to respond to the 2012 Orthopaedic Surgeon Census. The 10-minute online survey collects data that are used to track the growth and development of orthopaedic surgeons in the United States. The information provided also ensures that AAOS members are represented accurately in AAOS advocacy, funding, and reimbursement efforts; that Academy programs and products are designed to address members’ professional needs; and that accurate, up-to-date figures are available for practice management, public relations, and research needs.
This year, everyone who responds to the 2012 Orthopaedic Surgeon Census will be entered in a raffle to win an iPad. The drawing will be held in late August, after the survey deadline of Aug. 15. The winner will be contacted by the AAOS research and scientific affairs department, and his or her name will be published in the next edition of AAOS Now.
With your participation, the AAOS can get a 100 percent response rate. Surveys have been sent by email, fax, and letter. The survey web address and a login identification number are provided in the email communiqués. Simply copy and paste the web address on your Internet browser and press “Enter.” Then type in the survey ID number, and answer the questions—you’ll be done in about 10 minutes.
If you don’t have an email address on file with the AAOS, the questionnaire was faxed or mailed to you. Responses can be faxed to the AAOS research and scientific affairs department at 847-574-7550 or mailed to AAOS Research–Census, 6300 N. River Road, Rosemont, Ill. 60018-4262. But hurry—the deadline for responding is Aug. 15, 2012.
Hazel Natividad is the manager, surveys, in the AAOS department of research and scientific affairs. She can be reached at email@example.com
Do you know…
- What is the largest growing minority group in the field of orthopaedics?
- What are the three most frequently cited areas of practice in orthopaedics?
- What are the three most popular fellowship areas in orthopaedics?
- On average, how many procedures does a full-time orthopaedic surgeon perform per month?
- Accurate answers to these questions and more depend on your responses to the AAOS Orthopaedic Surgeon Census. Check your email for the survey invitation and respond today for a chance to win an iPad!