- 2011-2012 officers of the Cervical Spine Research Society: Michael G. Fehlings, MD, PhD, president; Sanford E. Emery, MD, past-president; K. Daniel Riew, president-elect; Bruce V. Darden, II, MD, vice president; Darrel S. Brodke, MD, treasurer; and Edward C. Benzel, MD, secretary.
- New officers of the Federation of Spine Associations: Warren D. Yu, MD, president; and Munish C. Gupta, MD, secretary-treasurer.
- D. Greg Anderson, MD, appointed president of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
- 2012-2013 Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation officers: Ramon L. Jimenez, MD, president; John J. Callaghan, MD, president-elect; S. Terrance Canale, MD, past president; Mr. James G. Borovsky, treasurer; Richard J. Haynes, MD, secretary; James D. Heckman, MD, chair, research grants; Frank B. Kelly Jr, MD, chair, educational grants; Thomas P. Schmalzried, MD, chair, corporate relations; and William P. Cooney III, MD, ex officio.
- Kristaps J. Keggi, MD, recipient of The Silver Order of Virtuti Medici award from the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Recipients of Health Volunteers Overseas’ 2012 Golden Apple Award: Timothy Desmond Brown, MD; Lawrence H. Gordon, MD; and Robert E. Stein, MD.
- Winners of the 2011 CORR® Multimedia Award: Gregory S. DiFelice, MD; Micah Lissy, MD; and Paul Haynes, MD, for “Surgical Technique: When to Arthroscopically Repair the Torn Posterior Cruciate Ligament.”