In the July issue of AAOS Now, Editor-in-Chief S. Terry Canale, MD, reported on the success of three trial programs using AAOS Now practice management articles in a journal club format. He also announced that the AAOS Now Editorial Board had received a $5,000 sponsorship from HCA (Healthcare Corporation of America) to help fund the first 10 residency programs that apply to conduct a journal club on practice management ($500 each).
Congratulations to the following programs, which qualified for the sponsorship:
- Akron General Medical Center Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Akron, Ohio
- Orthopaedics Residency Program, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Ga.
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md.
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Jefferson, La.
- Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.
- Penn Orthopaedics Residency Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.