- Frank W. Jobe, MD, recognized by The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum for the development of the “Tommy John” surgery.
- Thomas R. Hackett, MD, recipient of the 2013 U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association J. Leland Sosman Award.
- Rick Sasso, MD, recipient of the 2013 St. Vincent Health Research Symposium Career Achievement in Research Award.
- 2013–2014 board members of the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine: Jo A. Hannafin, MD, PhD, president; Robert A. Arciero, MD, president-elect; Allen F. Anderson, MD, vice-president; James P. Bradley, MD, secretary; Annunziato Amendola, MD, treasurer; Christopher D. Harner, MD, and Peter A. Indelicato, MD, past-presidents; and Darren L. Johnson, MD; E. Lyle Cain, Jr, MD; and Jon K. Sekiya, MD, members-at-large.
- 2013–2014 officers of the Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association: Michael E. Ayers, MD, president; Robert L. Patz, MD, vice-president; and Richard M. Wilk, MD, treasurer.
- 2013–2015 officers of the Connecticut Orthopaedic Society (COA): Ross A. Benthien, MD, president; F. Scott Gray, MD, vice-president; and Mariam Hakim-Zargar, MD, secretary/treasurer.
- Frank J. Gerratana, MD, recipient of the COA’s 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award.