The members of the 2015 AAOS Nominating Committee have been identified. At its March meeting, the AAOS Board of Directors appointed the chair of the 2015 Nominating Committee and in May, the AAOS fellowship elected its six members.
The 2015 Nominating Committee members are as follows:
- Daniel J. Berry, MD (Minn.), Chair
- Annunziato (Ned) Amendola, MD (Iowa)
- Kevin J. Bozic, MD (Calif.)
- Amy L. Ladd, MD (Calif.)
- Vincent D. Pellegrini Jr, MD (S. C.)
- Chitranjan S. Ranawat, MD (N.Y.)
- Roy W. Sanders, MD (Fla.)
Thomas A. Einhorn, MD (Mass.), was elected as the alternate member of the committee.
Of the 23,676 active, inactive, and emeritus fellows eligible to vote and who can be contacted, 2,863 (12 percent) cast valid ballots. The 2015 Nominating Committee will present its slate of nominees to the fellowship by Nov. 26, 2014, 120 days prior to the business meeting at the 2015 Annual Meeting. The 2015 Nominating Committee will present a slate of candidates for the following positions:
- Second vice-president
- Board member-at-large (no age designation)
- Board member-at-large (younger than age 45 on March 26, 2015)
- Four nominees, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, AAOS National Membership Committee
The 2015 Nominating Committee is actively soliciting suggestions for individuals who might serve in these positions. Please prepare your recommendations, along with a paragraph about your candidates and why you believe they are uniquely qualified for the position for which you are nominating them. Send this information to Daniel J. Berry, MD, Chair, 2015 Nominating Committee, c/o AAOS Office of General Counsel, 6300 N. River Road, Rosemont, Ill. 60018-4202.
Candidates will be asked to provide other materials as a condition for consideration, including an abbreviated curriculum vitae and information regarding their relationships with industry.