- Dino Aguilar, MD, recipient of the 2014 Health Volunteers Overseas Golden Apple Award.
- Jeffrey M. Hayer, MD, recipient of the Community Clinician of the Year award from the Franklin District (Mass.) Medical Society.
- Phinit Phisitkul, MD, selected as an American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) Traveling Fellow for 2014.
- Montri D Wongworawat, MD, named 122nd president of the San Bernardino County (Calif.) Medical Society.
- 2014 American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) officers: Brian S. Parsley, MD, president; Jay R. Lieberman, MD, first vice-president; William A. Jiranek, MD, second vice-president; David A. Halsey, MD, third vice-president; William J. Maloney, MD, secretary; and C. Lowry Barnes, MD, treasurer.
- 2014 AOFAS Research Grant recipients: Annunziato Amendola, MD; Andrew Anderson, PhD; Kevin Baker, PhD; Jayme Burket, PhD; Hong Do, MS; Scott J. Ellis, MD; John E. Femino, MD; Paul T. Fortin, MD; Stephen T. Greenfield, MD; Kevin D. Martin, DO; Phinit Phisitkul, MD; and Charles L. Saltzman, MD.
- 2014–2015 OREF officers: John J. Callaghan, MD, president; David G. Lewallen, MD, president-elect; Ramon L. Jimenez, MD, past president; Richard J. Haynes, MD, secretary; Mr. James G. Borovsky, treasurer; James D. Heckman, MD, chair, research grants; and Thomas P. Schmalzried, MD, chair, corporate development.
- New members of the Orthopaedic Research Society board of directors: Mary B. Goldring, PhD, president; Peter C. Amadio, MD, member-at-large; Kristy L. Weber, MD, secretary-elect; Kurt Hankenson, DVM, PhD, Membership Committee chair; and Christopher H. Evans, PhD, Editorial Advisory Board chair.
- 2013 Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA) award winners: David A. Spiegel, MD, POSNA Humanitarian Award; James R. Kasser, MD, Distinguished Achievement Award; Richard M. Schwend, MD, POSNA Special Efforts and Excellence Award; James G. Wright, MD, MPH, FRCSC, Peter Armstrong, MD–Shriners Hospitals for Children Award; Daniel J. Sucato, MD, MS, Angela S.M. Kuo Memorial Award; Unni G. Narayanan, MD, Arthur H. Huene Memorial Award; and Benjamin J. Shore, MD, MPH, FRCSC, St. Giles Young Investigator Award.