- William C. Andrews Jr, MD, appointed president of the Southern Orthopaedic Association (SOA).
- C. Lowry Barnes, MD, named 2014 Distinguished Southern Orthopaedist by the SOA.
- Nicholas A. DiNubile, MD, seleted as blogger for the Huffington Post.
- Langdon A. Hartsock, MD, appointed president-elect of the SOA.
- Bassam A. Masri, MD, FRCSC, appointed president of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association.
- Sen. Charles J. Schwertner, MD, appointed head of the Texas Senate Health and Human Services Committee.
- Gerald R. Williams Jr, MD, invested as the John M. Fenlin, Jr., MD Professor of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia.
- Preston M. Wolin, MD, recipient of a Distinguished Service Award from the Illinois High School Association.
- 2014–2015 members of the American Orthopaedic Association Executive Committee: J. Lawrence Marsh, MD, president; Kevin P. Black, MD, first president-elect; Sanford E. Emery, MD, MBA, second president-elect; Scott D. Boden, MD, first past president; Terrance D. Peabody, MD, second past president; Rick W. Wright, MD, treasurer; William N. Levine, MD, secretary; Rex C. Haydon, MD, PhD, and Lisa A. Taitsman, MD, MPH, delegates-at-large; Terry R. Light, MD, historian; Brian T. Smith, MHA, lay delegate; James E. Carpenter, MD; Regis J. O’Keefe, MD, PhD; Jeffrey C. Wang, MD; Theodore W. Parsons, III, MD, FACS; Kevin L. Garvin, MD; Ann Van Heest, MD; Khaled J. Saleh, MD, MSc, FRCSC, MHCM.