- An endowed annual lectureship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center has been created in the name of Victor M. Goldberg, MD.
- Bertram C. Providence, MD, MBA, promoted to the rank of Brigadier General and assigned as the U.S. Army Forces Command Surgeon.
- Barry J. Silverman, MD, recipient of Nova Southeastern University’s 2015 President’s Excellence in Community Service Award.
- 2014–2015 officers and directors for the North American Spine Society: Heidi Prather, DO, president; Christopher M. Bono, MD, first vice president; F. Todd Wetzel, MD, second vice president; William C. Watters III, MD, MS, past president; Daniel Resnick, MD, MS, secretary; Jeffrey Wang, MD, treasurer; Edward Dohring, MD, education council director; John G. Finkenberg, MD, advocacy council director; David O’Brien, MD, health policy council director; Charles A. Reitman, MD, research council director; Eeric Truumees, MD, administration & development council director; Joseph S. Cheng, MD, MS, payor policy review chair; Charles H. Cho, MD, MBA, evidence compilation and analysis chair; Zoher Ghogawala, MD, FACS, clinical research development chair; Mitchel B. Harris, MD, FACS, governance committee chair; William Mitchell, MD, section development chair; Jerome Schofferman, MD, committee on ethics & professionalism chair; and William
Sullivan, MD, education publishing chair.
- Recipients of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons James A. Rand Young Investigators Award: Paul M. Courtney, MD; Joshua C. Rozell, MD; Christopher M. Melnic, MD; and Gwo-Chin Lee, MD