- Edward Akelman, MD, appointed the Vincent Zecchino Professor & Chairman of Orthopaedics at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Chief of Orthopaedics at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Annunziato (Ned) Amendola, MD, inducted as president of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM).
- Richard H. Gelberman, MD, recipient of the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) 2016 Distinguished Contributions to Orthopaedics Award.
- Peter A. Indelicato, MD, recipient of the AOSSM 2016 Robert E. Leach Sports Medicine Leadership Award.
- Robert J. Neviaser, MD, recipient of the AOA 2016 Distinguished Clinician Educator Award.
- 2016-2017 members of the AOA presidential line: Sanford E. Emery, MD, MBA, president; Regis J. O'Keefe, MD, PhD, first president-elect; and Rick W. Wright, MD, second president-elect.
- Recipients of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS) 2016 J. Leonard Goldner Award: Bryant S. Ho, MD; Jeff R. Houck, PT, PhD; Adolph S. Flemister, MD; John P. Ketz, MD; Benedict F. DiGiovanni, MD; Irvin C. Oh, MD; and Judith F. Baumhauer, MD, MPH.
- Recipients of the 2016 International Federation of Foot and Ankle Societies Award for Excellence: Manuel J. Pellegrini, MD; Richard R. Glisson; Takumi Matsumoto, MD, PhD; Adam Schiff, MD; Lior Laver, MD; Mark E. Easley, MD; and James A. Nunley, MD.