- Freddie H. Fu, MD, inducted into the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Hall of Fame.
- John P. Fulkerson, MD, recipient of the Connecticut Orthopaedic Society's 2016 Orthopaedist of the Year award.
- L. Daniel Latt, MD, PhD, named editor-in-chief of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society's new Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics (FAO) journal.
- Cato T. Laurencin, MD, recipient of the National Medal of Technology & Innovation, awarded by President Obama.
- Brion P. Moran, MD, winner of the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation's 60th Anniversary Sweepstakes.
- Chitranjan Ranawat, MD, recipient of the Hospital for Special Surgery's Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Michael Suk, MD, selected as a Baldrige Executive Fellow.
- New officers of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons: Donald H. Lee, MD, president; Richard J. Friedman, MD, first vice-president; Xavier A. Duralde, MD, second vice-president; R. Lor Randall, MD, FACS, secretary; Matthew B. Dobbs, MD, secretary-elect; Guido Marra, MD, treasurer; Marlene DeMaio, MD, immediate past president; Charles L. Saltzman, MD, past president; Randall E. Marcus, MD, chair, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR) Board of Trustees; and Seth S. Leopold, MD, editor-in-chief, CORR.