AAOS provides members with tangible value—providing returns on their membership investment and helping orthopaedic surgeons reach their full potential as clinicians. The Academy supports members through offerings that enable them to:
- gain access to high-quality information and resources at every stage of their careers
- stay current with emerging clinical knowledge and practice
- keep pace with evidence-based quality outcomes
- learn from the best minds and practitioners in orthopaedic surgery and medicine
- be part of a community of exceptional professionals dedicated to continuous learning and professional growth
The Academy’s extensive array of member benefits delivers value with leading education and resources, including:
- Journal of the AAOS (JAAOS) and JAAOS Global Research & Reviews, the most highly recognized and read orthopaedic clinical journals in the profession
- Orthopaedic Video Theater, with 700 surgical technique and user-submitted videos, as well as content from leading institutions and industry coming soon
- hundreds of surgical technique modules on the Academy’s learning management system
- access to free AAOS clinical webinars, as well as discounted registration to focused surgical skills courses and cosponsored specialty events throughout the year
- quality resources, including clinical practice guidelines, appropriate use criteria, and the Academy’s expanding portfolio of orthopaedic registries
- member rates for the AAOS Annual Meeting, the premier event for orthopaedic surgeons worldwide. AAOS members can register in advance for only $100 until Jan. 31 and for $250 thereafter.
Additionally, the Academy spearheads progressive advocacy on behalf of the profession and offers high-quality patient education resources, such as OrthoInfo.org.
Members may not realize that their membership benefits deliver more than three times the value than what is paid in dues. As Table 1 indicates, Active Fellows, Associate Members—Orthopaedic, and Associate Members—Osteopathic gain $4,000 in return for their $995 annual dues investment. Plus, the Academy is working to expand existing resources and to add new programs that will generate even more value to members at all career levels.
Although many benefits can be directly quantified, the Academy provides members with several other meaningful resources free of charge, including:
- AAOS Career Center services
- continuing medical education tracking with automatic submission to the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- AAOS Now, Headline News Now, and Advocacy News Now
- public and media relations resources
- inclusion in the Academy’s online Find an Orthopaedist directory
- professional networking and volunteer opportunities
- clinical practice guidelines, patient safety resources, and other quality tools
By taking advantage of just a few of the member benefits the Academy offers (Table 2), members accrue much more than a dollar-for-dollar return on dues investment. Most importantly, Academy membership directly impacts physician performance, enabling you to thrive in your practice and continually improve your patient care.