At learn.aaos.org, users will find a wide range of personalized programs and practice-relevant online experiences to meet their educational and continuing medical education (CME) needs.
Be sure to visit the AAOS Resource Center in Academy Hall in the Sails Pavilion (open 7 a.m.–6 p.m. today and 7 a.m.–5 p.m. tomorrow through Friday). Look for the #LearnwithAAOS display to try your hand at new online learning programs in your orthopaedic specialty, and save 10 percent on purchases this week. Take a guided tour through the Academy’s educational offerings, including the new Cases Solved! programs, Practice Prep Plans, Surgical Insights, Orthopaedic Special Interest Examinations (OSIEs), and more.
New Cases Solved! programs
Put diagnostic and management skills to the test with AAOS’ new interactive, case-based learning series built from real-life clinical situations.
- Practice skills by working through an evolving patient case with imaging studies, test results, and other critical case details.
- Review fundamental concepts and learn new treatment approaches by reading a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons®.
- Test understanding of key principles with a challenging quiz to check knowledge.
This new program already includes 75 titles across all orthopaedic specialties. Users can earn up to two CME credits per module. To contribute to orthopaedic learning, visit www.aaos.org/cases to submit to Cases Solved! interactive CME mini-courses today.
Practice Prep Plans
Sharpen daily practice or keep orthopaedic knowledge up to date with convenient study plans from AAOS.
- Explore essential content selected from the vast collection of trusted AAOS resources.
- Structure study time and guide review with concise modules featuring relevant journal articles, AAOS book chapters, and technique videos.
- Accelerate learning with high-quality, board-style questions targeting trending test concepts.
- Track progress and performance with benchmarked results across your peer group.
Study plans are currently available for foot and ankle, general orthopaedics, pediatric orthopaedics, sports medicine, shoulder and elbow, spine, and adult reconstruction. Users can earn up to 65 CME credits per study plan.
Review best practices for the management of technically demanding orthopaedic procedures with comprehensive, multi-module training courses from AAOS.
- Review all aspects of diagnosis and surgical management for common orthopaedic injuries and conditions.
- Gain critical insights and stay up to date with cutting-edge solutions from recognized leaders in the field.
- Set your own learning pace and depth using the open-ended, self-directed format, with topical readings, technique videos, links to current literature, and opportunities for further exploration.
- Discover real-world applications from actual patient cases and complications.
Surgical Insights offers courses for adult reconstruction, shoulder and elbow, pediatric orthopaedics, sports medicine, and trauma.
Users can earn up to 50 CME credits per course.
Need self-assessment examination (SAE) credits? AAOS Scored and Recorded Examinations meet the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirement for SAE.
Visit the Resource Center and ask for a demonstration from the AAOS Examination Collection.
- Discover the collection of OSIEs, including the Fundamentals Examination, which covers the topics of anatomy imaging, tumors and diseases, and orthopaedic basic science.
- Choose from the four new 2021 titles: Adult Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip and Knee, Hand and Wrist, Shoulder and Elbow, and Sports Medicine. Other titles include Foot and Ankle, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Adult Spine, and Musculoskeletal Trauma. OSIEs include 100 questions and offer 10 SAE credits per program.
- The Orthopaedic In-Training Examination (OITE) and Orthopaedic Knowledge Update (OKU) 13 Self-Assessment Examination include 200 questions and offer 20 SAE credits.
- The OrthoWizard collection is a non-SAE/CME study option, with more than 2,200 questions from OKU and specialty topic exams.
- ResStudy is available for individual orthopaedic resident subscribers. A subscription offers access to more than 4,000 questions from an unmatched collection of AAOS SAEs, including OKU SAEs, Special Interest Exams, and OITE material.
Explore the online platform at learn.aaos.org or visit the Resource Center to discover more reasons why the Academy is your trusted source for lifelong orthopaedic learning.