The AAOS Annual Meeting connects the orthopaedic community not only to each other, but also to top-tier education covering the latest breakthroughs in orthopaedics. Continue reaching new heights in education and professional development with AAOS continuing medical education (CME) courses happening throughout the year. AAOS courses feature engaging formats with a range of topics that meet the learning goals and practice needs of all members of the orthopaedic community.
With more than 20 events scheduled for the remainder of the year, whether you’re looking to elevate surgical skills, prepare for certification, or dive into comprehensive topics, there’s something for everyone—across specialty focus and career stage.
Refine surgical skills
Continue in-person learning with hands-on surgical skills courses in the state-of-the-art lab at the OLC Education & Conference Center (OLC) in Rosemont, Ill.
With all necessary safety measures in place, including the OLC’s Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ Facility Accreditation, AAOS and OLC are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all attendees, exhibitors, and team members.
Registration is open for all 2022 hands-on surgical skills courses. Secure your spot early for these upcoming courses:
- Fundamental Concepts of Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty for Orthopaedic Residents, PGY 1–3
Presented by AAOS, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), The Hip Society, and The Knee Society
April 29–May 1
- Advanced Concepts of Complex Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty for Orthopaedic Residents, PGY 3–5
Presented by AAOS, AAHKS, The Hip Society, and The Knee Society
- AAOS Perfecting the Fundamentals of Inpatient and Outpatient Total Hip Arthroplasty
- AAOS Surgical Strategies on Trending Foot and Ankle Topics
- AAOS Fundamentals of Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy for Orthopaedic Residents
- AAOS Innovative Techniques in Total Knee Arthroplasty
- AAOS Advanced Techniques in Knee: Cartilage, Ligaments, Osteotomy, Meniscus, and More
- AAOS/American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Anatomic and Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: Concepts and Techniques from Basic to Advanced
- AAOS/Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) Orthopaedic Trauma Update in Tactics and Techniques
Prepare for certification
AAOS virtual board review courses prepare orthopaedic surgeons at every stage, from Part I and Part II certification to ongoing recertification exams. Courses are structured to maximize results while offering convenient formats for efficiency and continuous review.
- AAOS Orthopaedic Board Preparation and Review Course (for residents)
- AAOS Part II Board Exam Preparation and Review Course
- AAOS Maintenance of Certification and General Orthopaedic Review Course
Explore focused topics
For surgeons looking for focused topics, these unique and interactive courses engage attendees with a dynamic mix of lectures, panels, case presentations, small-group discussions, and more.
- AAOS/OTA Daily Dilemmas in Trauma
May 14, virtual
- For PAs and NPs: Musculoskeletal Galaxy presented by American Academy of PAs and AAOS
June 22–26, Denver, Colo.
- 24th Annual AAOS Workers’ Compensation and Musculoskeletal Injuries, plus the half-day Competency-Based Education for Independent Medical Examination/Qualified Medical Evaluator Nov. 3–6, San Antonio, Texas
- 55th Annual AAOS Course for Orthopaedic Educators
Nov. 6–9, Itasca, Ill.
- AAOS Outpatient and Rapid Recovery in Total Joint Replacement
Nov. 18, virtual
Visit the AAOS Resource Center in Academy Hall, open Thursday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., to pick up a 2022 AAOS CME Course Calendar, or view a schedule of upcoming courses at www.aaos.org/courses2022.