The AAOS Leadership Institute (ALI) is climbing new heights with the announcement of the first class of Fellows who have graduated from Levels 3 and 4 of the four-level program.
ALI was launched in 2020 as a program to provide all AAOS members with a grounding in AAOS structure and governance, as well as training, mentoring, and networking opportunities to those seeking to acquire and refine the skills needed as a volunteer leader at AAOS. It is offered in four successive tiers linked to a member’s current level of involvement in the AAOS governance structure.
Levels 1 and 2 orient members into AAOS’ culture and resources and prepare them for AAOS committee service. Content includes online modules, webinars (some of which require live attendance for Level 2 completion), and other activities and resources.
Levels 3 and 4 are offered through an application process to members who aspire to serve at higher levels of service, such as a committee or council chair or a seat on the Board of Directors.
The curriculum for ALI Level 3 focuses on providing members with the knowledge and skills that are critical to becoming a strong AAOS council or committee chair. In addition to online learning modules and webinars, participants benefit from formal one-to-one mentoring with a longstanding AAOS volunteer leader.
ALI Level 4 is designed for innovative leaders who aspire to the highest levels of AAOS governance. Highlights of Level 4 include advanced coaching and mentoring along with a personalized program tailored to the development areas most important to each member’s personal growth.
Participants for Levels 3 and 4 are selected through the Committee Appointment Program application process. The inaugural classes consisted of 20 Fellows in Level 3 and 9 Fellows in Level 4.
Additional information regarding the graduating classes will be available in an upcoming issue of AAOS Now. Members who are interested in previously published articles about ALI can visit www.aaosnow.org and use the search tool to find the most relevant information.
2021 Level 3 Class Graduates
- Joseph A. Abboud, MD, FAAOS
- Julie Young Bishop, MD, FAAOS
- Kamal I. Bohsali, MD, FAAOS
- Antonia F. Chen, MD, MBA, FAAOS
- Alexis Chiang Colvin, MD, FAAOS
- Tal S. David, MD, FAAOS
- Matthew R. DiCaprio, MD, FAAOS
- Charla R. Fischer, MD, FAAOS
- Stuart James Fischer, MD, FAAOS
- Thomas B. Fleeter, MD, MBA, FAAOS
- Cassim M. Igram, MD, FAAOS
- Brett R. Levine, MD, MS, FAAOS
- Joel L. Mayerson, MD, FAAOS
- Mary Kathryn Mulcahey, MD, FAAOS
- Afshin Razi, MD, FAAOSS
- Richard K. N. Ryu, MD, FAAOS
- Julie B. Samora, MD, MPH, PhD, FAAOS
- Steven S. Shin, MD, FAAOS
- Gary Wayne Stewart, MD, FAAOS
- Marcella Rae Woiczik, MD, FAAOS
2021 Level 4 Class Graduates
- Julie E. Adams, MD, FAAOS
- Henry D. Clarke, MD, FAAOS
- Gregory J. Della Rocca, MD, PhD, FAAOS, FACS
- Robert J. Esther, MD, FAAOS
- Gregory G. Gallant, MD, MBA, FAAOS
- Daniel B. Murrey, MD, FAAOS
- Mark S. Rekant, MD, FAAOS
- Robert H. Sandmeier, MD, FAAOS
- Jennifer M. Weiss, MD, FAAOS
For complete information on the ALI program, visit www.aaos.org/leadershipinstitute or connect with the team at email@example.com.
Members are also encouraged to participate in the following Annual Meeting events to learn more about ALI:
- AAOS Leadership Institute Networking EventVisit the Grand Ballroom Lobby on Thursday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. to learn more about ALI and connect with current ALI participants and mentors. This event is open to all members.
- AAOS Leadership Institute Engagement Theatre Session
Visit the Engagement Theater on Tuesday from 1 to 1:30 p.m. to engage with AAOS leaders and learn more about the exclusive program. This session is open to all members.