Overall Purpose / Mission
Identify and recommend individuals for election to BOS leadership volunteer positions.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Review candidates' credentials;
3. Conduct candidate interviews;
4. Select at least one nominee for Chair-Elect and one or more nominees for Secretary;
5. Present the slate of nominees to the BOS during its business meeting at the Fall Meeting;
6. Ensure the due diligence and transparency through the nomination selection process; and
7. Review all aspects of the nomination selection process and provide recommendations to improve the process to the BOS Executive Committee.
Chair - the BOS Immediate Past Chair
Past Nominating Chair
Four (4) Members - elected by the BOS during its business meeting at the National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference
Term of Office
For chair, one (1) year term.
For past nominating chair, one (1) year term.
For members: one (1) year.
Members may not serve consecutive terms.
Director, Department of Society Relations
Last Updated: 06/16/17