Candidate, Resident, and Fellow Subcommittee
Recruit and retain Associate Resident Members and Associate Candidate Members, and provide them with appropriate clinical and practice management educational programming.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Recruit and retain Associate Resident Members and Associate Candidate Members, and, based on a needs assessment of residency programs and other programs involving orthopaedic residents, recommend programs to AAOS Council and Committees that will serve the needs of these potential Fellows of the AAOS.
3. Develop and oversee educational programs for Associate Resident Members, Associate Candidate Members, and other residents and fellows, including such topics as the AAOS, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), job placement, and practice management.
4. With the Communications Cabinet, assist with communication programs for Associate Resident Members and Associate Candidate Members.
5. With the Advocacy Council, identify advocacy issues for Associate Resident Members and Associate Candidate Members within the AAOS and the orthopaedic profession.
Reports to the Membership Committee
Six (6) members, of which two (2) should be Associate Resident Members and two (2) should be Associate Candidate Members at time of appointment.
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one additional two (2) year term.
NOTE:Appointments and reappointments must be compatible composition as described above.
Staff Liaison (title)
Director, Education Programs