1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Provide volunteer oversight for the content development, design and marketing of OrthoInfo, the AAOS patient education Web site.
3. Serve as a strategic planning body to develop goals and objectives for OrthoInfo.
4. Ensure that OrthoInfo utilizes leading edge Internet technology.
5. Assist in the identification of article topics; serve as peer reviewers of articles developed for OrthoInfo.
6. Work with the OrthoInfo co-sponsor specialty societies to ensure that OrthoInfo content reflects the diversity of the intended audiences and the scope of orthopaedic practice.
7. Ensure that OrthoInfo content is coordinated with AAOS-hosted member Web sites ("OrthoDoc" sites).
8. Develop periodic online polls and surveys for OrthoInfo visitors on health care topics.
9. Utilize market research data to guide activities and content development for YOC.
10. Establish criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of Your Orthopaedic Connectionand conduct periodic usability studies of the Web site
Reports to the Communications Committee
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) year term; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For member, two (2) year term; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Last updated: 01/06