Serve as a resource and provide guidance to AAOS bodies and the Fellowship regarding issues of medical ethics and professionalism in orthopaedics.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Oversee the Principles of Medical Ethics in Orthopaedic Surgeryand Code of Ethics for Orthopaedic Surgeonsand recommend revisions as necessary to the Board of Directors, pursuant to Article XIX of the Association Bylaws and Article XIV of the Academy Bylaws.
3. Review existing and develop new Opinions on Ethics and Professionalism for consideration by the Board of Directors.
4. Review proposed Standards of Professionalism and make recommendations to the Board of Directors and Bylaws/Standards of Professionalism Oversight Committee.
5. Monitor the medical ethics and professionalism activities of other medical societies, including the AMA and its Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs.
6. Review and respond to questions from Fellows and others regarding ethical issues.
Reports to the Board of Directors
Nine (9) Members
One (1) Resident
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)