Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates the Association's legislative, regulatory, and health policy programs and initiatives.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Develop a unified advocacy agenda that will guide the Association's work in the legislative and regulatory arenas.
- Identify issues internal and external to the Association regarding access to and delivery of quality musculoskeletal care and addresses these issues as appropriate.
- Develop, review, and recommend to the Board position and advisory statements on health policy related issues; Set the advocacy agenda for AAOS programs such as the National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference.
- Serve as the primary health policy liaison to the AMA, the AMA's Orthopaedic Section Council and the American College of Surgeons.
- Communicate with other Councils, the Board of Councilors, Board of Specialty Societies, and the Board of Directors to ensure that the unified advocacy agenda is being carried out in a timely and integrated manner.
Reports to the Association Board of Directors
Chair, Coding Coverage and Reimbursement Committee
Chair, Medical Liability Committee
Chair, Political Action Committee
Chair, Health Care Systems Committee
Chair, Board of Councilors
Chair- Elect, Board of Specialty Societies
First Vice-President (Board Liaison)
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Senior Manager, Government Relations, Office of Government Relations
Last updated: 6/9/2019