Member Communications Oversight Group
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Develop and monitor communication vehicles and programs for content distribution to members.
3. Assign appropriate communication vehicles for distribution of content.
4. Serve as a strategic planning body to develop and update member communications projects and programs.
5. Provide volunteer oversight for the various member communications vehicles/activities of the Academy/Association, including the AAOS Now, AAOS Headline News Now,and the AAOS member Web site (www.aaos.org) and other electronic communications vehicles.
6. Ensure that appropriate physician input is provided for AAOS member publications.
7. Coordinate development of AAOS member publications, in support of AAOS efforts to eliminate overlap and redundancy.
8. As appropriate, determine if additional or special member publications are needed and ensure that member communications efforts support Academy diversity, patient-centered care and patient safety initiatives.
9. Oversee periodic surveys of member communications needs and develop appropriate measures of success for member communications programs and projects.
10. Research and track evolving Internet communications/technology opportunities for member communications.
Reports to the Communications Cabinet Chair
Editor-in-Chief of the AAOS Now
Editor-in-Chief - JAAOS
Member, LFP Graduate
Member(s) with Internet/electronic communications expertise (1-2)
Up to 4 Members at Large
One (1) Resident
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Director, Department of Publications
Last updated: 3/10/08