Monitors trends regarding professional liability and tort reform and develops and prioritizes AAOS activities related to the medical liability crisis.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Monitor trends regarding professional liability and tort reform.
- Develop strategy and prioritize activities in response to the medical liability crisis.
- Develop appropriate organizational statements to serve the Fellowship in the arena of professional liability.
- Work with the appropriate Council(s) or Committee(s) to develop programs, publications, and products that educate the Fellowship on liability risks and methods to decrease the orthopaedic surgeon's exposure to liability.
- Oversee the operations and spending of the AAOS Medical Liability Reform campaign.
Reports to the Advocacy Council
Nine (9) Members
Chair, BOC State Societies Committee
One (1) BOC representative
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Manager, Government Relations