Monitor and make recommendations regarding Medicare payment and coverage policy issues.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Monitor and make recommendations regarding Medicare payment and coverage policy issues.
3. Promote the needs of the orthopaedic community for procedural and diagnostic coding; assist in educating the Fellowship on these issues.
4. Manage the liaisons to the AMA/Specialty Society Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC).
5. Manage the liaisons to the AMA CPT Editorial Panel.
6. Coordinate activities related to reimbursement with the Health Care Systems Committee, the Council on Advocacy and the Practice Management Committee.
7. Develop proposed position and advisory statements on timely issues in healthcare financing.
8. Develop content for all AAOS publications and electronic media coding products.
Reports to the Council on Advocacy
Chair (May also serve as AAOS CPT Advisor or CPT Editorial Panel Member)
Thirteen (13) representatives from the BOS
Two (2) representatives from the Board of Councilors
One (1) AAOS RUC Member
One (1) AAOS RUC Alternate Member
One (1) AAOS RUC Advisor
One (1) AAOS RUC Alternate Advisor
One (1) AAOS Practice Expense Subcommittee Member
One (1) AAOA Alternate CPT Advisor
Two (2) Member-at-Large (One dedicated as general orthopaedist)
One (1) Liaison from Health Care Systems Committee
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For vice-chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years, eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Manager, Coding & Reimbursement Resources
Last updated: 6/9/18