CME Courses Committee
Prepare a schedule of CME courses consistent with the educational needs of the Academy's Fellows and in accordance with the essential policies and standards of ACCME, and evaluate the effectiveness and member satisfaction of the programs.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Prepare an annual schedule of continuing medical education courses for orthopaedic surgeons consistent with the educational needs of Academy Fellows.
3. Evaluate the educational effectiveness and member satisfaction of Academy educational programs.
4. Conduct an ongoing program of market research to identify the educational needs of the Fellowship.
5. Identify and implement new educational teaching methods for CME programs.
6. Identify and implement ways to work collaboratively with Orthopaedic Specialty Societies and industry on CME programs.
Reports to the Council on Education
Committee members seventeen (17) - based on specialty appointment
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Director, Electronic Media, Evaluation Programs and Course Operations
Last updated: 12/5/14