Prepare and administer the Orthopaedic In-Training Examination (annually), the Orthopaedic Self-Assessment Examination (triennially) and the Orthopaedic Special Interest Examinations, all in accordance with the essential policies and standards of ACCME.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Prepare and administer the Orthopaedic In-Training Examination (OITE) annually.
3. Prepare and administer the Orthopaedic Self-Assessment Examination (OSAE) triennially.
4. Oversee the preparation of the Orthopaedic Special Interest Examinations (OSIEs) by 10 Committees on Evaluation.
5. Evaluate innovative methodologies and other products and methods of evaluation for the Fellowship.
6. Act as a resource as requested to other musculoskeletal organizations in the area of evaluation.
Reports to the Education Council
Thirty Three (33) members
Committees Reporting to the Education Assessments and Examinations Committee:
- Adult Spine Evaluation Committee - 7811
- Foot & Ankle Evaluation Committee - 7812
- Fundamentals Evaluation Committee - 7823
- Hand and Wrist Evaluation Committee - 7817
- Hip, Knee & Adult Reconstruction Evaluation Committee - 7807
- Musculoskeletal Tumors and Diseases Evaluation Committee - 7814
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update (OKU) Evaluation Committee - 7822
- Pediatric Evaluation Committee - 7808
- Shoulder and Elbow Evaluation Committee - 7815
- Sports Medicine Evaluation Committee - 7809
- Trauma Evaluation Committee - 7810
Term of Office
For chair, three (3) years; eligible for one (1) additional three (3) year term.
For members, three (3) years; eligible for one (1) additional three (3) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 6/9/17