Annual Meeting Committee
Coordinate all components of the Academy's Annual Meeting and develop innovative programs to meet the needs of all Annual Meeting attendees, in accordance with the essential policies and standards of ACCME.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Streamline and integrate the Annual Meeting to avoid redundancy and conflicts in programming. Coordinate components of the Academy's Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Council on Education, Central Instructional Courses Committee, Exhibits Committee, Board of Specialty Societies, Board of Councilors, International Committee, and the Academy staff.
- Provide short- and long-range strategic planning for the development of educational programs based on identified needs and trends. Develop innovative programs to meet the needs of all attendees including each segment (e.g., residents, new practitioners, international physicians, and retired physicians).
- Implement relevant education programs on practice management, outcomes, quality assessment, and other new curriculum topics.
- Review with research instruments the effectiveness of each annual meeting to determine future trends and needs of all attendees including the fellowship, new practitioners, international physicians, and retired physicians.
- Integrate the latest developments in orthopaedic research and new technologies into the Annual Meeting.
- Integrate Orthopaedic Research Society's interests and programming with the AAOS Annual Meeting.
- Through the Exhibits Committee and Central Program Committee, assure that all technical, scientific, and poster exhibits meet all requirements set by the Food and Drug Administration for classification and use of instruments, devices, and pharmaceuticals.
- Work with the Board of Specialty Societies to integrate the Specialty Day programs into the Annual Meeting.
- Evaluate Annual Meeting sites and make recommendations for future sites.
Reports to the Council on Education and the Board of Directors.
Chair-Designee (non-voting) (when applicable)
Central Instructional Courses Committee Chairs for next two meetings
Central Instructional Courses Committee Past-Chair
Central Program Committee Chairs for next two meetings
Central Program Committee Past-Chair
Board of Councilors Representative
Board of Specialty Societies Representative
Chair, Exhibits Committee
Chair-Designee, Exhibits Committee (non-voting)
Allied Health Representative
Representative, International Committee (ex-officio)
Two (2) Members-at-Large
One (1) Resident
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For chair-designee, one (1) year (when applicable)
For members, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Director, Department of Conventions, Meetings and Courses
Last updated: 9/1/16