Solicit, evaluate and schedule the Annual Meeting scientific program consistent with the educational needs of the Academy's Fellows and in accordance with the essential policies and standards of ACCME, and evaluate the effectiveness and member satisfaction of the programs.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Develop the scientific program and symposia for the Annual Meeting of the Academy, in conjunction with the Annual Meeting Committee, Council on Education, and Academy President.
3. Manage the work of the committees reporting to the Central Program Committee.
4. Solicit, evaluate and select the scientific exhibits at the Annual Meeting to meet the educational needs of the orthopaedic surgeon.
Reports to the Annual Meeting Committee
Five (5) members who are appointed by each Second Vice President for a five (5) year term, one of whom serves as Chair during the Second Vice President's presidential year.
Chair and next year's chair are members of the Annual Meeting Committee.
Term of Office
Five (5) years - Individuals serve two years as a member, followed by chair for one year, and conclude with two additional years as a member. Incoming Second Vice-President will appoint chair for his/her Annual Meeting year.
Committees Reporting to the Central Program Committee
- Adult Reconstruction-Hip Program Committee - 7828A
- Adult Reconstruction-Knee Program Committee - 7828B
- Foot and Ankle Program Committee - 7828K
- Hand and Wrist Program Committee - 7828C
- Musculoskeletal Tumor and Metabolic Disease Program Committee - 7828H
- Pediatrics Program Committee - 7828F
- Practice Management/Rehabilitation Program Committee - 7828L
- Shoulder and Elbow Program Committee - 7828J
- Sports Medicine/Arthroscopy Program Committee - 7828D
- Trauma Program Committee - 7828G
- Spine Program Committee - 7828E
Last updated: 10/2/15